MAY, Omaha, NE -The recipients of the 2020 Stephen Falk Memorial Scholarship have been announced. Cubby’s Convenience Stores awarded 15 scholarships this year to employees or children of employees of Cubby’s Inc.
The Stephen Falk Scholarship was established in 1998 in memory of Stephen Falk, son of Cubby’s co-founder Max Falk. Cubby’s Inc. has awarded nearly $375,000 in scholarships since the fund was established.
“The annual scholarships are a way to honor Stephen and the Falk family, while showing our appreciation to our dedicated employees,” said Phil Morrison, founder and CEO of Cubby’s. “We look forward to this every year, and this year the awards feel even more special.”
Cubby’s Convenience Stores are open and serving communities throughout the coronavirus crisis. Extra precautions have been taken to keep stores cleaned and sanitized, following guidelines for social distancing.
Winners of the annual scholarships are selected by a committee based on academic records, test scores, extracurricular and workplace involvement, recommendations and an essay. The funds can be used for any college-related expenses.
The following are recipients of the 2020 Stephen Falk Scholarship:
- Rachel Kelsey – Bennington, NE
- Eric Tomjack – Bennington, NE
- Brett Tomjack – Bennington, NE
- Cameron Swanson – Manson, IA
- Matthew Helmers – Manson, IA
- Lucas Walsh – Manson, IA
- Skylar Reynolds – Wakefield, NE
- Brenna Chase – Wakefield, NE
- Brett Tyrell – Pender, NE
- Koby Ellis – Norfolk, NE
- Ashley Lindner – Odebolt, IA
- Damon Arehart – Neligh, NE
- Sean Moomaw – Office, Omaha, NE
- Travis Webb – Old Market, Omaha, NE
- Tim Schulte – Office, Omaha, NE